Wednesday, June 09, 2010

SCRAM: AMS Claims Another Judge Is Wrong

With LiLo in the picture, research on the subject has been overwhelming. Recently stumbled on this while trying to find any testing on the obstruction apect of the device. While still no testing found yet, I found the rebuttal for a case in Florida.

On September 15, 2009 AMS released a damage control statement covering the fact that they lost another case. Walton County Circuit Judge Kelvin Wells stated that the court would find that it appears that the detection made was a false-positive. The defendant (much like a case I helped in a few years ago) was exposed to haircare products while working in a hair salon. The defense relied on witnesses that testified they didn't see her drink and she didn't appear to be under the influence.
Hawthorne (inventor of SCRAM) testified that an alert could have been issued even if the client did not drink, then mentioned the list of "BANNED PRODUCTS" wearers are given to avoid false alerts. The rebuttal stated that "... the judge did not hear evidence to explain the difference between an environmental exposure to hairspray and actual consumption, resulting in confusion in the ruling and reports about the case." Really? Witnesses and the inventor testifying in open court that the banned products can produce an alert trumps the ridiculous notion that one can prove consumption by a read (especially if the standard is as it was years ago, topping out at .08) that is obfuscated at the get go.
CEO Mike Iiams says that alcohol-containing products like hairspray will oftentimes generate an alert, but that the SCRAM System can easily distinguish between exposure to environmental alcohol and actual consumption. Easily? If physiologists weren't so expensive! I wonder if Iiams is in full belief of this, he stated on a news cast here in Detroit we were in that some 1 in 1000 reads are false-positives. I had three on two bracelets, the famous Glaza case 3 on two bracelets and not to mention the hundreds that have contacted me over the years. I know Bayes Rule, a few of them probably were guilty, but without Constitutional procedures Iiams, I and the courts will never know.

Let us resolve to be masters, not the victims, of our history, controlling our own destiny without giving way to blind suspicions and emotions.-John F. Kennedy

Referrence:
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS165789+15-Sep-2009+PRN20090915
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/release-20500-defuniak-springs.html

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misspelled 'bracelet'. Anyway, I have tons of concerns regarding this demon contraption, would you please be so kind as to contact me at r_shackleford2012@yahoo.com, I'd really appreciate the benefit of your experiences dealing with this crap. And thanks to you for starting this site, I was going bugshit before I found it:)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Ryan said...

Finally a fine article for which I've been looking for about Driving Under Influence laws, thanks a lot for sharing your views. Keep this blog running, I'm bookmarking it to stay updated.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have had the scram bracelet for 11 months and now I have a second false positive consumption, the first time I used a anti itch cream because of the rash it was causing on my ankle, now I have another false reading will I was at work , I work in a major grocery store, dairy department! The only thing I can think of, is the beer and wine is stored just outside my dairy cooler door, in which broken bottles are often and leaked on the floor, that I have to walk across to get to my cooler! I haven't drank any alcohol in almost three years,

10:06 AM  
Blogger marcellus91872 said...

Could even be freshly mopped floor, witnesses can help you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to let everyone know on the site that a new class action federal lawsuit is starting here in New York and this federal class action lawsuit will extend to every state of the United States of America. This class action will extend to the entire United States and I need a Plaintiff from every state. This federal lawsuit will be brought under the federal Multi District Litigation Act, and will get under way very soon. What I need is you to email or call with your name, what happened to you, and what SCRAM and AMS did. If you want to be apart of this, lets get things going quickly. This case will be different from the federal class action that is pending in Los Angeles. That case has only two Class Plaintiffs and is not enough to rise to a nationwide class the way it stands. I am working with a new set of attorneys and we are taking it to the next biggest level. Please send an email or call me at :   Anthony.oliver29@rocketmail.com:  And you can call me at  (818) 624-2504.  Lets bring justice to all of those who deserve it.  Thank you.   -  Anthony Oliver

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to let everyone know on the site that a new class action federal lawsuit is starting here in New York and this federal class action lawsuit will extend to every state of the United States of America. This class action will extend to the entire United States and I need a Plaintiff from every state. This federal lawsuit will be brought under the federal Multi District Litigation Act, and will get under way very soon. What I need is you to email or call with your name, what happened to you, and what SCRAM and AMS did. If you want to be apart of this, lets get things going quickly. This case will be different from the federal class action that is pending in Los Angeles. That case has only two Class Plaintiffs and is not enough to rise to a nationwide class the way it stands. I am working with a new set of attorneys and we are taking it to the next biggest level. Please send an email or call me at :   Anthony.oliver29@rocketmail.com:  And you can call me at  (818) 624-2504.  Lets bring justice to all of those who deserve it.  Thank you.   -  Anthony Oliver

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anthony Oliver,
I just came across this blog. Is the class action lawsuit vs SCRAM still open..if not was a conclusion reached..my fiancee has had a few false positives with his SCRAM remote breath device that has put him in jail and added a significant increase to his bond amount..very interested in this matter...look forward to your reply..thanks. Sherrie Lietz

12:22 AM  
Blogger Paralegal 789 said...

I wish to contribute my research with the website admin. I have incontrovertible proof that scramsystems incorporated is not guilty of using a clear interferant spike that clearly shows itself to be invalid by scram standards. They do this and neither prosecutors or defense attorneys ever review the evidence. The defendant is forced to pay thousands for the violation and thousands to a public defender for this piss poor nonrepresentation.
I need help getting as many supposed violations as possible. Feel free to scratch out personal information and then send them to me. I am happy to analyze and return these to you if only I can start to catalog this clear corruption hit me up. Email below
Joblow1600@yahoo.com

5:53 PM  
Blogger Paralegal 789 said...

You willing to let me see redacted records of these events?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Paralegal 789 said...

Let me see your records

6:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The spike is the problem, it only goes to .08, could be 70% which would prove you wrong

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home