Thursday, November 30, 2006

Virtually No False-Positives.....

A quick google search, EtG false-positives, and the first thing I see," There are virtually no false positive tests (ie when EtG is positive alcohol has been consumed!) However, an important issue is that must be considered is ...". Well, I've heard that before, seems to be part of Jeffrey Hawthorne's (inventor of Scram) testimony, and I've seen it in an article advertising SCRAM:
There are Virtually no false-positives..........
Lets look at the word Virtually-
1)In fact or to all purposes; practically: The city was virtually paralyzed by the transit strike.
2)Almost but not quite; nearly: "Virtually everyone gets a headache now and then" (People).

'Virtual' has a similar meaning to 'quasi-' or 'pseudo-', meaning something that is almost something else, particularly when used in the adverbial form, e.g. "He's virtually [almost] my boyfriend."
Philosophy-
The current definition, that can hardly be distinguished from "potential", originates in medieval Scolastics and the pseudo-Latin "virtualis". Most prominent of these in contemporary philosophy has been Gilles Deleuze, who uses the term virtual to refer to something that every object carries with it, which is neither its reality nor merely what it could have been, but rather what it is imagined to be. "Virtual" is therefore taken to mean a potential state that could become actual. "Virtual" is opposed to "actual".

Synonyms- nearly, not absolutely, not actually, practically,

So, I guess it is safe to say that during testing the were nearly no false-positives!

Now lets look at the subjects tested in AMS's "tamper-proof white-paper", all 10, a seven day study two of which no testing was performed. Ten subjects in 5 days and there were nearly no false-positives. Quote- This low-level reading occurred because the test subject worked in an area where alcohol was used to clean circuitry components. Except for this anomaly,..." Today there are at least 2000 people being tested 7 days a week (up to 48 times a day), I hope they don't have to suffer the consequences of an ANOMALY!
As far as the benefits, it does have one up on the EtG tests, and that is time of alledged comsumption. If your in an area where there are camera's or able to establish a credible alibi, and can possibly identify the source, it may create reasonable doubt.
The benefits of EtG, there would be no chance of suffering the abrasions and scars left from the SCRAM bracelet on a percentage of subjects. And longevity, pitting the two against each other in court was my initial goal! It has been said that at least one doctor is conducting a for-profit company promoting the EtG test, and is looking into SCRAM- {I 'd like to see the expert testimony in that case.}
Reiteration:
I have yet to hear of anyone accused of drinking through EtG test in the legal community, allthough steps are being taken to cut the cost of the tests, which poses a problem. A defendant could very well use this as a defense- and with an expert testimony. It has been also noted that a probationer in the health care community, that has a concurrent probation with the courts, a positive test may be considered a violation of both the probations. Double jeopardy for a crime that may have never been committed.-Marcellus

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you marcellus for visiting the Etg site...I want to point out to you that this test is indeed being used in the legal system...family courts with devastating consequenses...also there is no treatment programs attached to it...the test is the last word..thank you again

8:00 AM  
Blogger marcellus91872 said...

I can't count the contacts I have made, most responses are either of zeal, or enquiry. As a last ditch effort to file a suit an attorney responded with,"Thank you for taking the time to contact our office.
I am very familiar with the SCRAM monitoring device and know that it can causes great discomfort.(I informed him of the pictures and permanent scars.) I am also familiar with the questionable accuracy of the device. I do not, however, believe that any of the courts will see the device or its use (even in light of its questionable reliability) as a violation of your constitutional rights.
The SCRAM device is usually employed as an alternative to a jail sentence. Most persons convicted of alcohol related offenses prefer the SCRAM device to a jail sentence. The courts view this as a good deal.
With regard to the reliability of the monitoring device, this is why you are afforded the opportunity for a probation violation hearing. Mr. Micielli, we have handled many of these hearings and may be able to assist you by representing you at your hearing. There are experts available that we would use to question the reliability of the SCRAM device during the probation violation hearing.
It is my opinion, as an expert on constitutional law, that the probation violation hearing process eliminates the possibility of proceeding on the theory that the device violated your constitutional rights.
If, however, you would like to schedule a meeting to discuss our representing you at your probation violation hearing you should call our office immediately. This will allow us the opportunity to formulate our best strategy, based upon the facts that are unique to your case." An expert can't fight the obvious yet he can take my money to fight "virtuality", it is a means of revenue for everyone but the victims. I'll give it a go though, I do have a over a gig of information on the subject!
Marcellus
Even...prison disciplinary hearings have equal protection under the Sixth Amendment rather than further expansion...

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was trying to find some published evidence that inhaling ethanol fumes causes a false positive on EtG tests when I came across this. I was accused of drinking because of a positive EtG test when I have not drank in over 10 months. At Ethylglucuronide.com it had Dr. Skipper as a contact so I explained my situation to him and he told me there is now EVIDENCE that inhaling fumes from ethanol causes a false positive on EtG tests. They are doing research on it now. I see the judge tomorrow to plea my case and stand a good chance of going to jail for spraying for bugs.

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, if you are serious about fighting the scram injustice as read in all these blogs, please write me (i am not a lawyer) at fightscraminjustice@gmail.com.

Please give your history while wearing your scram bracelet, along with any incidental information that might be helpful.

We cannot win alone, but in numbers we can. With you in this fight against injustice.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous web lol said...

kul post

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I was strapped on with the scram braclet Janurary 31st.First I blew o on the breathalyzer.7days later my parole officer called me to tell me I had 2 alerts from the braclet. One on the day it was installed and one the day after. I said no way.It's a false positive.She said she could have my bail revolved. I live in New Freedom,PA.My trial is months away.I have no ground to stand on to prove I didn't.WTF do I do.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home